YOUTH VOLUNTEER TEAM
Join theYouth Volunteer Team
Are you ready to make an impact? Join our Youth Volunteers as they help support saving wildlife and wild places! Youth volunteer program runs during the summer but opportunities extend through spring and fall.
Qualities we look for when selecting volunteers:
- Positive attitude
- Enthusiasm for learning and sharing information with guests, kids and adults
- Desire to meet new friends and be part of a team
- Ready to make an impact on conservation of wildlife and wild places
- Be 14 – 17 years of age
- Completion of orientation
- Ability to maneuver to assignment location in the zoo
- Be able to attend in person assignment training sessions.
- Be able to receive important information via email.
Our youth volunteers help in most of our Guest Engagement roles found in Guest Services and Education. We also have higher commitment opportunities in our Animal Team roles.
After receiving your application you will receive a welcome email with the next steps to take in becoming part of the John Ball Zoo Volunteer Team!